MANSFIELD, Ohio — "The Shawshank Redemption," a movie that has captured the hearts of movie fans since its release in 1994, will bring back nostalgic memories for cast members and fans in Mansfield with a special anniversary celebration.
This year marks the 25th anniversary of the film, which was shot in its entirety in and around Mansfield.
Visitors are encouraged to join cast members in Mansfield from Aug. 16-18 for tours of the original film sites.
In attendance confirmed so far, will be Bob Gunton (Warden Norton), William Sadler (Heywood), Mark Rolston (Bogs), Frank Medrano (Fat Ass), Alfonso Freeman (Red’s Mugshot and a Fresh Fish Guy), Scott Mann (Glenn Quentin), Renee Blaine (Linda Dufresne) and Claire Slemmer (Bank Teller) to meet fans.
More than a dozen original film sites will be included in the self-guided tour throughout the weekend.
The self-guided driving tour includes the following sites:
· Bissman Building (Brewer Hotel and Portland Daily Bugle)
· Renaissance Theatre (Premiere of Shawshank Redemption)
· The Shawshank Oak Tree Field (While the tree was toppled by high winds in 2016, its pastoral location remains.)
· Pugh Cabin at Malabar Farm (Opening scene)
· Crosby Advisory Group LLC (Maine National Bank)
· Revivals 2 Thrift Store (Trailways Bus Station)
· Wyandot County Courthouse (Andy's Trial)
· Shawshank Woodshop (Prison Workshop)
· Carrousel Antiques (Pawn Shop Window)
· Snyder & Hagerman Roads in Butler, OH (Road to Buxton)
· Red's Bus Ride on Rt. 95 in Butler, OH (Bus to Fort Hancock, TX)
· Brooks' Bench (Waiting for Jake)
· KV Market (Food-Way)
On Friday, Aug. 16, the film will be shown at the historic Renaissance Theatre, where the movie premiered in 1994. On Saturday, actors will be available for autographs at the Ohio State Reformatory, followed by The Exclusive Shawshank Reception cocktail party.
A family fun race called the Shawshank Hustle 7K will feature routes along the filming sites with food and music during the event.