JACKSON TOWNSHIP, Ohio — Multiple people were arrested late last month in a multi-agency human trafficking and prostitution sting, according to the Jackson Township Police Department.
Authorities said they made the arrests on May 29 for alleged illicit activity in the Belden Village area. The following people have been charged with soliciting for sexual activity and possessing criminal tools:
- Cherie Stevens, 39, of Macedonia
- Stacy Blosser, 43, of Canton
- Natalie Sweeney, 34, of Canton
- Rebecca Young, 29, of Akron
- Kendra Payne, 25, of Akron
- Laura Johnson-Dowdle, 44, of Massillon
- Jeannie Aventino, 57, of Canton
Additionally, authorities said that Timothy M. Birch, 23, of Newcomerstown, was arrested and charged with attempted unlawful sexual conduct with a minor. He was taken into custody after meeting up with an undercover officer he spoke to online who he thought was a 13-year-old girl.
Birch may face additional charges, police said.