CANTON, Ohio — It's not the Notorious B.I.G., but it's the next closest thing: the Notorious R.B.G. If you don't know, we're talking about Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and now you know. ( And in case you didn't get the reference, we're talking about Biggie's hit song "Juicy.")
The Stark County Bar Association and the Palace Theatre are collaborating to host a community event called " Notorious RBG=the tRUTH about being a female judge."
The event will include a screening of the Ruth Bader Ginsburg documentary 'RBG' and a discussion panel with Stark County female judges.
- The Honorable Patricia A. Delaney, Fifth District Court of Appeals
- The Honorable Julie A. Edwards, Retired, Fifth District Court of Appeals
- The Honorable Mary A. Falvey, Canton Municipal Court
- The Honorable Kristin G. Farmer, Stark County Common Pleas Court
- The Honorable Sheila G. Farmer, Retired, Fifth District Court of Appeals
- The Honorable Rosemarie A. Hall, Stark County Family Court
- The Honorable Chryssa N. Hartnett, Stark County Common Pleas Court
- The Honorable Taryn L. Heath, Stark County Common Pleas Court
- The Honorable Dixie N. Park, Stark County Probate Court
The event is open to the general public and has been approved for one hour of CLE credit for legal professionals.
When: Thursday, Jan. 17
- 5:00 p.m.— judges' panel discussion and social hour when hors d'oeuvres will be served
- 7:30 pm.—viewing of "RBG" documentary
Where: Palace Theatre, 605 Market Avenue North in Canton.
Cost: $45 members, $37.50 associate members, $82.50 non-members, guests, $20. The cost includes CLE, social and a movie ticket with popcorn soda during movie.