AVON LAKE, Ohio — A new eagle hatched Easter morning in the nest at Redwood Elementary School in Avon Lake.
The eaglet hatched around 11:30 a.m.
The nest is home to a pair of eagles affectionately named "Stars" and "Stripes" by a group of Avon Lake students. Every year, they have returned to the nest to raise a new brood, and this year is no different.
There are two more eggs in the nest waiting to hatch.
Here are the five best places to see bald eagles in Ohio:
- Magee Marsh Wildlife Area, Ottawa County
- Pinery Narrows area, just north of Station Road Bridge Trailhead in Brecksville
- Killbuck Marsh Wildlife Area, Wayne County
- Mosquito Creek Wildlife Area, Trumbull County
- Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area, Sandusky County
- Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge, Ottawa County
You can watch the eagles 24 hours a day here.