COLUMBUS, Ohio — The ACLU of Ohio will hold a news conference to present “Ohio’s Statehouse-to-Prison Pipeline: 133rd General Assembly (2019-2020).
The ACLU said it’s a report that shows how the state’s General Assembly proposed legislation will send more people to jails and prisons.
Rewatch it in the media player below:
“These bills enhance sentencing, propose new crimes, and add criminal penalties, which directly contradicts the OGA’s multi-year effort to simplify the criminal code and reduce the number of incarcerated people in Ohio,” ACLU said in a news release.
Panelists in the news conference include:
- Jocelyn Rosnick, Policy Director, ACLU of Ohio
- Gary Daniels, Chief Lobbyist, ACLU of Ohio
- Micah Derry, State Director, Americans for Prosperity-Ohio
- Tim Young, Director, Office of the Ohio Public Defender
- Fred Ward, Strategic Advisor, Ohio Organizing Collaborative