CLEVELAND — Cleveland Cavaliers center Jarrett Allen is joining three of his teammates on the list of finalists for the USA Basketball Olympic Men’s Team.
Allen was among 15 players added to the 42 previously announced list of finalists for the team. In addition to Allen, the following players have been added as finalists for the Olympic team.
- Eric Gordon- Houston Rockets
- Jerami Grant- Detroit Pistons
- Blake Griffin- Brooklyn Nets
- Jrue Holiday- Milwaukee Bucks
- DeAndre Jordan- Brooklyn Nets
- Zach LaVine- Chicago Bulls
- Julius Randle- New York Knicks
- Duncan Robinson- Miami Heat
- Mitchell Robinson- New York Knicks
- Fred VanVleet- Toronto Raptors
- John Wall- Houston Rockets
- Zion Williamson- New Orleans Pelicans
- Christian Wood- Houston Rockets
- Trae Young- Atlanta Hawks
Cavaliers centers Andre Drummond and JaVale McGee, as well as forward/center Kevin Love, were previously named finalists for the Olympic team.
“With the postponement of the Tokyo Olympics from 2020 to 2021, it’s important that we continue to remain flexible and consider all players who can contribute to our efforts to field the best USA team possible. These additions we are announcing today will help ensure that we are doing that,” said Jerry Colangelo, managing director of the USA Basketball Men’s National Team, in a press release. “Having a larger player pool than what we normally have is critical because of all of the uncertainties we face about availability. But for USA Basketball to receive the commitment of so many outstanding players remains an indicator of the great honor of representing your country means to these men.”
While 57 players have been named finalists, the official 12-member roster will be selected and announced at a later date.
The 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games, since being postponed, are scheduled to take place from July 23 through Aug. 8 of this year.
To learn more about the USA Basketball Men’s National Team, click here.