CLEVELAND — Twenty years after the opening of training camp in 1999 marked the return of the Cleveland Browns to the NFL, the opening of camp in 2019 marks a return many believe to the team's prominence.
The required tickets for training camp sold out in an hour when they were made available to fans. Those attending should note unlike last year where the public sessions were in the afternoon, this year's schedule calls for primarily 10 a.m. to Noon sessions with gates opening an hour before the scheduled start time. Fans should check the daily schedule which is subject to change.
There are still tickets for the team's Orange & Brown Scrimmage at FirstEnergy Stadium on Saturday, Aug. 3. In support of Browns Give Back's commitment to improving the quality of education for students in Ohio, tickets to the event will be $5 per person with all proceeds benefiting the Cleveland Browns Foundation "Get 2 School" campaign to encourage school attendance, so all kids can succeed.
Also fans should note the Browns have posted a list of prohibited and allowed items:
- Smoking is prohibited.
- Weapons, noisemakers, animals, aerosol cans and laser pointers are prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Plastic bottles and boxed liquids are permitted. Can and glass are prohibited.
- Soft-case coolers are permitted. Hard-plastic coolers are prohibited.
- Cameras are permitted but must not interfere with another fan's enjoyment of practice. The images reproduced may not be used commercially. Commercial photography or video equipment is prohibited (personal lenses may not exceed four inches).
- Umbrellas, strollers, purses, fanny packs, backpacks and diaper bags are permitted but are subject to inspection.
- Portable folding chairs and lawn chairs are permitted but are subject to inspection.