CLEVELAND — Following an overnight winter storm that dumped more than 10 inches of snow in many cities across Northeast Ohio, businesses, parks and institutions announced closures on Martin Luther King Jr. Day due to major snowfall and winter weather.
The Walker Cleveland Community COVID-19 testing center at the W.O. Walker Building garage will be closed Monday. Anyone scheduled for a COVID-19 test today can come anytime Tuesday.
"They do NOT need to reschedule for a new time; however, they are asked to bring their QR code and original appointment confirmation," the clinic said.
- The Maltz Museum is closed due to inclement weather.
- The Cleveland Museum of Art is closed Monday. The museum will reopen tomorrow, Tuesday, January 18 at 10 a.m.
- Fans who are unable to attend the Cavs-Nets game at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse due to inclement weather can receive a ticket credit for a future game. More info here.
Cleveland's Ice Fest is postponed.
Unfortunately, due to inclimate weather, we’re postponing this year’s Ice Fest event in North Coast Harbor. We’ll be sure to communicate the future date. Stay warm and safe everyone. Happy MLK Jr. Day!— DowntownCLE (@DowntownCLE) January 17, 2022
- Due to extreme weather, all Lake Metroparks facilities are closed today. All programs and events are canceled. Visitors are advised to check the Metroparks' social media for updates.
- Mentor Public Library is closed Monday due to inclement weather.
- The Lake County Landfill and Recycling Center will be closed today January 17, 2022, due to extreme weather conditions. We plan to reopen the Solid Waste Facility for regular business hours tomorrow morning January 18, 2022, at 7:00 a.m. Due to today’s closure, the landfill will have Commercial Hours on Saturday, January 22, 2022, from 8:00 a.m. until noon.
The Pro Football Hall of Fame is closed Monday as heavy snowfall in Canton made roads impassable and travel in the area hazardous. “The safety and welfare of our guests and our staff and volunteers must always come first,” said Hall of Fame President Jim Porter. The Hall is expected to reopen under normal hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 18.
The Akron Zoo is closed today, Monday, Jan. 17, due to inclement weather. The zoo will reopen tomorrow, Jan. 18.
Akron Municipal Court is closed Tuesday, Jan. 18 due to the weather. No hearings, including arraignments, will be held.
Goodwill stores and donation centers
Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio says it will close all retail locations and attended donation centers for Monday, January 17, 2022. All locations will reopen Tuesday, January 18, 2022. Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland and East Central Ohio operates 22 retail stores, eight attended donation centers and two warehouses across our 10-county footprint.
Heinen's Grocery Stores
All Northeast Ohio Heinen's stores will close early on Monday due to the inclement weather.
Stores will close at 5 p.m., the chain announced.
Educational closings and delays
Some educational centers and public libraries that were slated to be open today are closed. See the full list here.
RELATED: Winter storm brings heavy, widespread snow ahead of treacherous morning commute
Want the latest Power of 5 weather team updates wherever you go? Download the News 5 App free now: Apple|Android
Download the StormShield app for weather alerts on your iOS and Android device: Apple|Android
Click here to view our interactive radar.
Read and watch the latest Power of 5 forecast here.
Follow the News 5 Weather Team:
Mark Johnson: Facebook & Twitter
Remeisha Shade: Facebook & Twitter
Trent Magill: Facebook & Twitter