CANTON, Ohio — A firefighter and a resident were hospitalized after an early morning house fire in Canton on Monday, according to the Canton Fire Department.
Crews responded at 3:11 a.m. to the 400 block of Hamilton Avenue for a report of a structure fire.
The home had heavy smoke, and flames were seen coming from the back, according to the fire department. Firefighters were notified on the scene that a resident was trapped inside.
The trapped resident was rescued from the home and transported to the emergency room, along with an injured firefighter.
No additional information has been released.
Download the News 5 Cleveland app now for more stories from us, plus alerts on major news, the latest weather forecast, traffic information and much more. Download now on your Apple device here, and your Android device here.