NewsLocal NewsAkron Canton News

Actions

Woman hospitalized after found unresponsive inside burning Canton home

Canton fire 4 (1).jpg
Canton fire 3.jpg
Canton fire 2.jpg
Canton fire 1.jpg
Posted at 7:25 AM, Feb 12, 2020
and last updated 2020-02-12 07:25:56-05

CANTON, Ohio — A woman was hospitalized after firefighters found her unresponsive inside a burning Canton home Wednesday morning.

Firefighters from the Canton Fire Department responded to the 1200 block of Poplar Avenue Southwest at around 1:20 a.m.

Firefighters on scene said the front bedroom was engulfed in flames. Crews went inside the home and found a woman unresponsive in the kitchen.

Firefighters believe she was trying to get out through the garage. First responders rescued her and took her to the ambulance, where medics were able to revive her.

She was transported to the hospital. Her condition is currently unknown at this time.

Firefighters said no one else was home when the fire started. The woman's husband was at work, authorities said.

A cat died in the fire, according to firefighters at the scene.

It's unknown at this time how the fire started.