CLEVELAND — With the COVID-19 mass vaccination clinic being held at the Wolstein Center in Cleveland beginning this week, city officials have designated special parking accommodations and restrictions while the clinic is in operation.
Free parking will be available for all Ohioans who are visiting Cleveland State University’s Wolstein Center during the eight-week mass vaccination clinic. CSU will also offer free parking in its garages.
While there is free parking and accommodations for those getting the vaccine, there will also be parking restrictions to help the mass vaccination site run smoothly.
The following restrictions will be in place every day the clinic is open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. for six to eight weeks:
- E. 18th: No parking on both sides of the street from Carnegie to Euclid.
- E. 19th: No parking on both sides of the Street from Carnegie to the Central Ave. Extension
- E. 21st: No parking on both sides of the street from Carnegie to Euclid.
- Carnegie Avenue: No parking on both sides of the street from E. 18th to E. 21st.
- Prospect Avenue: No parking on both sides of the street from E. 18th to E. 21st.
- Central Avenue: No parking on both sides of the street from E. 18th to E. 19th.
Motorists using Interstate 90 east or Interstate 71 north are asked to use the East 9th Street exit (Exit 172A), then take East 9th Street to Carnegie Avenue and turn right to get to parking lots located off of Carnegie Avenue.
Motorists using I-90 west are asked to use the Prospect Avenue exit (Exit 173A) and turn right onto Prospect Avenue, then left onto East 21st Street to get to parking. Motorists on this route can also turn left on East 18th Street and then left on Carnegie Avenue to access additional parking.
The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority is also offering routes for people getting vaccinated at the Wolstein Center. Click here to learn more.
Roads are not expected to be closed as a result of the mass vaccination clinic.
The clinic at the Wolstein Center officially launches on Wednesday, March 17.