NewsLocal NewsCleveland Metro

Actions

Cleveland Fire says boiler malfunction caused fire at chemical plant on Jennings Road

Cleveland Fire responded to a chemical fire at Chemical Solvents Inc.
Posted at 7:20 AM, Apr 30, 2020
and last updated 2020-04-30 10:10:47-04

CLEVELAND — Firefighters from the Cleveland Fire Department responded to a fire at Chemical Solvent Inc. Thursday morning, according to Lt. Mike Norman, public information officer for the Cleveland Division of Fire. The fire started as a result of a boiler malfunction.

Cleveland Fire responded to a chemical fire at Chemical Solvents Inc.
Cleveland Fire responded to a chemical fire at Chemical Solvents Inc.

Firefighters responded to 3751 Jennings Road at around 1:15 a.m. for reports of a fire.

Cleveland Fire responded to a chemical fire at Chemical Solvents Inc.
Cleveland Fire responded to a chemical fire at Chemical Solvents Inc.

Crews battled the blaze until 3 a.m. About an hour later, firefighters returned to the plant to put out additional flames.

Lt. Norman said the fire was ruled accidental as a result of a boiler malfunction.

According to fire investigators, there was no environmental impact as all the runoff was contained to the property.

The cost in damages is estimated at $100,000, according to Cleveland Fire.