CLEVELAND — Firefighters from the Cleveland Fire Department responded to a fire at Chemical Solvent Inc. Thursday morning, according to Lt. Mike Norman, public information officer for the Cleveland Division of Fire. The fire started as a result of a boiler malfunction.
Firefighters responded to 3751 Jennings Road at around 1:15 a.m. for reports of a fire.
Crews battled the blaze until 3 a.m. About an hour later, firefighters returned to the plant to put out additional flames.
Lt. Norman said the fire was ruled accidental as a result of a boiler malfunction.
According to fire investigators, there was no environmental impact as all the runoff was contained to the property.
The cost in damages is estimated at $100,000, according to Cleveland Fire.