A mother who bought heroin for her son, resulting in his fatal overdose at a Green hotel earlier this year, pleaded guilty in connection to his death, the Summit County Prosecutor's Office announced Wednesday.
Andrew Frye, 16, was found dead in a hotel room at the Super 8 in Green on April 6.
The Summit County Medical Examiner said he died from injecting heroin.
Investigators later discovered Frye's mother Heather, grandmother Brenda, and his mother's friend Jessica Irons were all in the hotel room. His mother bought the heroin for him from his grandmother.
Heather Frye, 32, of Akron pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter, endangering children and tampering with evidence.
Brenda Frye, 52, pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter and trafficking in heroin. Irons pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter and tampering with evidence.
All three of them will be sentenced on Oct. 12 at 1 p.m.