News

Actions

DONATE: NewsChannel 5 On Your Side Holiday Drive

Posted: 9:51 AM, Dec 09, 2015
Updated: 2015-12-09 14:51:01Z

The NewsChannel 5 On Your Side Holiday Drive kicks off on Monday, Dec. 7.

Our anchors selected their favorite charities for the holiday season and NewsChannel 5 will host a phone bank for each from 4:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Dec. 7-11 to raise money for each organization.

Watch Good Morning Cleveland starting at 4:30 a.m. on NewsChannel 5.

The organizations are listed below. To support any of the organizations, you may do so through the phone bank by calling 1-800-658-5370 or via our newsnet5 app.

Monday, Dec. 7
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
DONATE

The mission of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, a nonprofit donor-supported organization, is to cure cystic fibrosis and to provide all people with the disease the opportunity to lead full, productive lives by funding research and drug development, promoting individualized treatments, and ensuring access to high-quality, specialized care. When the CF Foundation was established in 1955, most children with CF did not live past elementary school. Due in large part to the Foundation’s aggressive investments in innovative research and comprehensive care, today, many people with CF are living into their 30s, 40s and beyond.

 

Tuesday, Dec. 8
Domestic Violence & Child Advocacy Center

DONATE

Domestic Violence & Child Advocacy Center (DVCAC) has almost 40 years of history leading the community in responding to victims of domestic violence and child abuse and working to break the cycle of abuse via prevention, intervention, and community education.  The agency is dedicated to healthy relationships and provides a continuum of services for persons of all ages who have been victims of, or are at risk of being victims of, domestic violence, child abuse, or other family or relationship violence. It is the only organization in Cuyahoga County devoted solely to the issue of domestic violence and child abuse  DVCAC operates the only emergency crisis shelter for domestic violence victims in the county.  The agency reaches over 37,000 men, women and children annually. Today, DVCAC is being held up as a national model specifically for the integration of the children's program and domestic violence programming which empowers adult victims.

 

Wednesday, Dec. 9
Salvation Army

DONATE

The Salvation Army is a faith-based, non-profit organization. The Salvation Army’s message is based on the Bible and its mission is to meet human needs without discrimination. The Salvation Army in Cleveland works every day to elevate men, women and children from despair to provide hope and assistance through programs that work. In teaching life skills, The Salvation Army provides individuals with an opportunity to maximize their physical, emotional and spiritual being to effect permanent change. Throughout the year, the demand for services from Clevelanders is great; tens of thousands of people turn to us for support. Services are offered at Corps Community Centers and the Harbor Light Complex.

 

Thursday, Dec. 10
Ronald McDonald House of Cleveland

DONATE

The Ronald McDonald House of Cleveland is a home-away-from-home for families who need to stay close to their hospitalized child. Our Ronald McDonald Family Rooms offer a place for families to rest and regroup right at the hospital, close to their sick child. Our Red Treehouse program helps families and professionals connect to the resources they need to care for children with special needs or chronic illness. Our work is made possible because of the support of our generous donors and volunteers. We have been providing these services for over 34 years since a group of community leaders came together to open the Ronald McDonald House of Cleveland in 1979. Ronald McDonald House Charities of Northeast Ohio and McDonald's are partners in care and provide, through local donations, about 3.5% of our annual operating budget. The other 96.5% comes from gifts from individuals, corporations, organizations and foundations that support our mission. 

Friday, Dec. 11
American Heart Association
DONATE

The Cleveland Metro office of the American Heart Association, located in University Circle, is working to build healthier lives free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. The American Heart Association is making an extraordinary impact on the lives of those in Northeast Ohio by encouraging people to live healthier lives and through the funding of millions of dollars in local scientific research to eliminate heart disease and stroke, our No. 1 and No. 4 killers. Our lifesaving work is funded by events such as the Heart Walk, Heart & Stroke Ball, Go Red For Women Luncheon, Jump Rope For Heart, Hoops for Heart and Power To End Stroke; by memorial gifts and by donations to our workplace giving and direct mail campaigns. Our lifesaving work is funded through generous support from individuals, corporations and foundations in Northeast Ohio.