Dozens of residents were evacuated from a senior living facility in Rocky River after a report of gas leak Sunday evening.
Residents reported smelling gas at Bickford Senior Living on Detroit Rd. around 5 p.m.
As a precaution, the fire department shut down the gas to the entire building.
According to Lakewood Fire Chief Scott Gilman, crews found a Pilot light on an exterior rooftop unit had gone out, causing the smell of gas outside. Gilman said everyone inside was safe.
Forty-two residents were removed from the facility and put into ambulances and buses to keep them warm during the 2-hour investigation. Part of Detroit Rd. at Interstate 90 was also shut down, but reopened around 7 p.m.
Nine agencies from neighboring cities responded to assist the Rocky River Fire Department.
No injuries were reported.