CUYAHOGA COUNTY, Ohio — Cuyahoga County has announced a new interim sheriff.
Lieutenant Bryan Smith was appointed and will take office on August 5, following the retirement of Sheriff Clifford Pinkney.
He has 22 years of experience with the Sheriff's office.
The county also announced the members of the screening committee to hire a new sheriff.
The members of the committee are:
• Judge Ronald Adrine (former Administrative Judge, Cleveland Municipal Court)
• Susan Neth (CEO, FrontLine Service)
• Police Chief Kelly Stillman, Rocky River
• Police Chief Edward Tomba, Middleburg Heights (former Deputy Chief, Cleveland Police)
• Dr. Reginald A. Wilkinson (Director (Ret.), Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction)
• Dr. Sherrie Williams (Board Member, Cuyahoga County Board of Health)