Progressive Field was the backdrop for the annual awards ceremony for the U.S. Marshals Service and The Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force on Tuesday afternoon.
Nearly a dozen awards were handed out to state and local law enforcement officers who have gone above and beyond.
"We honor the officers out there day after day risking their lives," U.S. Marshal Pete Elliott said.
The following awards were presented at the ceremony:
- Wayne Leon Officer of the Year — Dave Carpenter, Euclid Police Department- Cleveland Division
- Notable Division nominees include:
- Akron Division — Troy Meech, Akron Police Department
- Canton Division — Chuck Van Camp, Stark County Sheriff’s Office
- Lorain Division — Bert Fitzgerald, Ohio Adult Parole
- Painesville Division — Chuck Kreisa, Willoughby Police Department
- Richland Division — Eric Lofland, Ohio State Highway Patrol
- Toledo Division — Kevin Korsog, Toledo Police Department
- Youngstown Division — Glen Riddle, Boardman Police Department
- U.S. Marshals Operational Employee of the Year — Anthony Keffer, U.S. Marshals, Cleveland
- U.S. Marshals Administrative Employee of the Year — Janet Duncan, U.S. Marshals, Cleveland
- U.S. Marshals Court Security Officer of the Year — Akron Court Security Team
- Susan Graves Division of the Year — Toledo Division, Coordinator Christopher Hodge
- Law Enforcement Partner of the Year — Boardman Police Department
- Citizen of the year — Shannon Hanratty Stewart and Lamar Advertising
- John K. Elliott Perseverance In Investigations Award — Joshua Gurto Investigation and Apprehension Team
- David L. Harlow Lifetime Distinguished Achievement Award:
- Rodney Hartzell — U.S. Marshals, Toledo
- David A. Sierleja — U.S. Attorney’s Office, Cleveland