Workers allowed back inside Cleveland Clinic

Posted at 10:31 AM, May 19, 2016
and last updated 2016-05-19 11:51:56-04

Workers are allowed back inside the Cleveland Clinic in Avon after it was evacuated due to a gas leak Thursday morning.

According to Columbia Gas of Ohio, a lawn mower damaged a gas line near the Richard E. Jacobs Health Center at 33100 Cleveland Clinic Blvd, causing the escaping gas to ignite.

Crews shut off the gas and the fire was extinguished. Workers were allowed back inside. 

Columbia Gas of Ohio will be at the scene for several hours to restore gas to the hospital.