AVON LAKE, Ohio — Students at Redwood Elementary School in Avon Lake decided on the names of three eaglets recently born in the nest located on school grounds.
Students held a naming contest and named the eaglets Freedom, Bravery and Mighty.
The eaglets were born in the spring to a pair of bald eagles affectionately named Stars and Stripes.
Every year, they have returned to the nest to raise a new brood.
Here are the five best places to see bald eagles in Ohio:
- Magee Marsh Wildlife Area, Ottawa County
- Pinery Narrows area, just north of Station Road Bridge Trailhead in Brecksville
- Killbuck Marsh Wildlife Area, Wayne County
- Mosquito Creek Wildlife Area, Trumbull County
- Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area, Sandusky County
- Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge, Ottawa County
Download the News 5 Cleveland app now for more stories from us, plus alerts on major news, the latest weather forecast, traffic information and much more. Download now on your Apple device here, and your Android device here.