AVON LAKE, Ohio — Two bald eagles that nest every year outside of Redwood Elementary School in Avon Lake have returned, and there are already two eggs in the nest!
The nest is home to a pair of eagles affectionately named "Stars" and "Stripes" by a group of Avon Lake students. Every year, they have returned to the nest to raise a new brood, and this year is no different.
You can get a live look at the nest through the eagle cam in the player below.
Here are the five best places to see bald eagles in Ohio:
- Magee Marsh Wildlife Area, Ottawa County
- Killbuck Marsh Wildlife Area, Wayne County
- Mosquito Creek Wildlife Area, Trumbull County
- Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area, Sandusky County
- Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge, Ottawa County
Download the News 5 Cleveland app now for more stories from us, plus alerts on major news, the latest weather forecast, traffic information and much more. Download now on your Apple device here, and your Android device here.