MEDINA, Ohio — There’s no time like a cold February evening to hold the 26th annual “Great Medina County Chili Cook Off” on Thursday night.
The event, which is the longest running one of its kind in the county, features the 10 best chili cooks in Medina County.
Each cook represents a Medina County charity and the winner will earn a $1,000 cash donation to their charity.
The runner up will receive a $500 donation to their charity. Every cook will have a $250 donation made to their local charity of choice.
Since the event’s inception, over $20,000 has been donated to charity.
Councilman Brian Ousley is fighting to defend his title against the following other cooks:
- Carol Brenstuhl – Feeding Medina County
- Colleen Rice – Leadership Medina County
- Brian Feron & Tom Hilberg – The Medina County Historical Society
- David Arbogast – Project: LEARN
- Kimberlee Bublik – Super Heroes to Kids in Ohio
- Steve Wright – Relay for Life of Medina County
- Rose Boyd, Dawn & Alysia Rogers – Medina UMC Food Pantry
- Matt Meuer & Matt Canter – The Society for Handicapped Citizens
- Sarah Yacko – Medina County Children’s Center
The event's location is at the Medina Eagles, 696 Lafayette Road, from 5 to 7 p.m.
Tickets are available at the door, by texting 330-410-9905 or through Facebook at Keep Kovack Auditor. A donation of $20 for adults and $5 for students in recommended.