RAVENNA, Ohio — Several people were arrested at an auction company in Ravenna on Friday night as a result of a three-month investigation conducted by the Ravenna Police Department.
At about 6:30 p.m., Ravenna police arrested six people at MPA Liquidations on Prospect Street, and at an address on Wayland Road in the Paris Township, according to a news release from police.
The people arrested were charged with engaging in patterns of corrupt activity, aggravated theft, receiving stolen property, passing bad checks and bribery, all felonies.
The names of the arrested individuals are:
- Edward W Frost, 29 years old of Paris Twp.
- Muhammad M Ashkanani, 50 years old of Paris Twp.
- Pearl M Ashkanani, 44 years old of Paris Twp.
- Hussein M Ashkanani, 20 years old of Paris Twp.
- Jasim M Ashkanani, 22 years old, of Paris Twp.
- Ali M Ashkanani, 19 years old, of Paris Twp.
- Martha E Lovejoy, 62 years old, of Ravenna Twp.
Everyone was arrested in Ravenna and Paris Township, except for Frost, who was incarcerated at another county in Ohio.
The arrests were the result of a three-month investigation conducted by Ravenna police with assistance from the FBI, Ohio State Highway Patrol, Portage County Sheriff’s Office, Portage County Drug Task Force and the Portage County Prosecutor’s Office.
Ravenna police are continuing to work on this investigation. Anyone with information is asked to contact the department’s detective bureau at 330-296-6486.