BOLIVAR, Ohio — With a possible second shutdown of dine-in restaurants in Ohio, many owners are making a plea to the public to do their part in preventing the spread of COVID-19 in an effort to prevent what could be a devastating blow to restaurants already hit hard during the pandemic
The Canal Street Diner wrote a plea on Facebook, asking people to wear their masks when entering or leaving the restaurant or walking to the restroom.
"We're just trying to do our part and we really really want to stay open,” said co-owner Kayla Patton.
Tuscarawas County, where the diner is located, is on the verge of turning purple on the state’s Public Health Advisory Map.
Last week, Gov. Mike DeWine hinted that if the numbers don’t start getting better, a second shutdown could be on the way,
"Nobody's a fan of the masks. Of course we want to see everybody's smiles and everybody's faces but right now, it's just really important that they just wear them so that we can keep serving them,” Patton said.
DeWine said he will make a decision on Thursday about whether bars, restaurants and gyms will have to close.