MENTOR-ON-THE-LAKE, Ohio — A raid on a home in Mentor-On-The-Lake last week resulted in the arrest of a 30-year-old man and the seizure of a slew of drugs and cash, according to the Lake County Narcotics Agency.
It happened on September 16. Police did not provide the address of where the drug bust occurred. Authorities said the raid was part of an "ongoing drug trafficking investigation."
A police K-9 found the drugs in boxes inside a bedroom in the home.
The following items were seized:
- About 5,000 suspected fentanyl tablets
- About 1,300 suspected MDMA (ecstasy) tablets
- About 2.5 pounds of suspected cocaine
- About 2 pounds of suspected crystal methamphetamine
- About 40 grams of suspected crack cocaine
- About 5 pounds of suspected raw marijuana and 350 THC oil cartridges/THC edibles
- About $10,000 in cash
The drugs have been sent to the Lake County Crime Lab for further testing.
The resident has been charged with possession of cocaine, possession of methamphetamine, and possession of a fentanyl related compound, all first-degree felonies, authorities said.
Additional charges may be forthcoming as the investigation continues.
Download the News 5 Cleveland app now for more stories from us, plus alerts on major news, the latest weather forecast, traffic information and much more. Download now on your Apple device here, and your Android device here.