Charges have been dropped against two juveniles accused of starting last year's deadly wildfire in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
District Attorney General Jimmy Dunn from the 4th Judicial district has filed an order dismissing the charges. Dunn said the charges were dismissed because evidence showed no causation between the Chimney Tops 2 Fire and the Gatlinburg fires.
Officials with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation initially filed the charges in December. They said crews had worked tirelessly along with members of the ATF and National Parks Service to investigate the case.
The unidentified juveniles were originally charged with aggravated arson. At the time the charges were filed, the two were being held in the Sevier County Juvenile Detention Center.
The fire began on November 23, 2016.
The wildfires in Sevier County claimed at least 14 lives and burned tens of thousands of acres.