A cell phone sparked the flames of a house fire in Painesville, according to emergency crews.
There have been several reported issues with Note 7, Samsung issuing a massive recall after batteries started going up in flames, but it was a different Samsung phone, S-7 Edge, that started the fire.
"It was charging at the time, we believe that's the probable cause," Painesville Fire Chief Mark Mlachak said.
Danielle Boutilier said she was using the charger that came with the phone when it set on fire.
"This phone was overheating from the beginning! I've only had it for two months," Danielle Boutilier said.
Before the fire, and after what she calls constant overheating issues, Danielle told News 5 she mailed her S-7 Edge to Samsung.
"I sent them the screenshots. I told them what happened. They sent me my phone back," she said.
The phone is with her insurance company now, while she waits to hear from Samsung.
"If somebody has one of those phones, I would definitely be talking to the provider and see if the phone is safe," Chief Mlachak said.
"People keep their phones by their pillows, right next to them while they sleep. Be careful. That could be you over a cell phone," Danielle Boutilier said.
A Samsung spokesperson got back to News 5 after this story aired. They shared this statement:
“Our first concern is the safety of Ms. Boutilier. We are reaching out to her to ensure that we are doing everything we can to support her. We will conduct a thorough examination of the device once we receive it so that we can investigate the unique circumstances surrounding this incident. We encourage all Samsung customers to contact us directly at 1-800-SAMSUNG.”