The American League Champion Cleveland Indians provided details about what's new at the Progressive Field for the 2017 season on Wednesday.
During the offseason, LED lights were installed at Progressive Field. The lights will not only be 20-30% brighter, illuminating the field and reducing glare and shadows but is also another one of the club's sustainability efforts.
In 2016 the Indians saved 407,000 k/Wh of energy, and the new LED lights will increase energy savings by 70%.
The team announced Market Garden Brewery will serve popular brews in section 133 and is the 13th restaurant to join the roster including Melt Bar and Grilled, Barrio and Great Lakes Brewing Co.
A few of the new food options available to fans include:
Veal Parmesan Sliders (Available at Slider Dogs in Sec. 113, and Terrace Club)
- Hand crafted Veal Parmesan Sausage sliders from Cleveland-based Holiday Sausage, topped with marinara, parmesan snow & micro basil
Nano Slider Trio (Available at Market Garden Brewery, section 133)
- A trio of beef sliders made up of, the Nano slider with beer mustard, beer onions, pickles and American cheese; the Tart and Tangy with spicy mayo, cole slaw, pickled onions, cheddar cheese and a balsamic reduction; and the spicy slider with spicy mayo, cheddar cheese, caramelized onions and poblanos.
Po’Man (Available at Great Lakes, section 107)
- Smoked Kielbasa, potato and cheese pierogis, sauerkraut and Dortmunder Gold Bertman’s Ballpark Mustard
Grilled Asian Salmon (Available in Terrace Club)
- Wasabi Foam, fried rice, baby bok choy
If you're looking for service to tweet, gram, and snap moments from the game, look no further - fans will now have access to free wifi while at Progressive Field. Fans should look for the network named 'IndiansWiFi.'
The Cleveland Clinic is now the team's exclusive healthcare provider, and in addition to having a team of doctors dedicated to the team's care, they will also provide access to care for fans at Progressive Field, as they have for the past 15 years.
The clinic will also be the sponsor of Indians.com and the Indians Radio Network, in addition to partnering with four Cleveland Indians Community Impact Programs:
- Kluber's Kids
- Edwin's Squad
- Friends of Francona
- Cleveland Indians Wives Association
PENNANT PARTY SUITES
Eleven suites on the upper level down the third baseline have been remodeled into six new Pennant Party Suites. The suites can accommodate groups ranging in size from 24 to 240.