CLEVELAND — This Saturday, road closures and parking restrictions will go into effect during the First Pitch of Summer event, when around 1,000 community members will line a three-mile route, tossing a baseball from one person to another until it reaches Progressive Field.
The event will take place on Saturday, June 8 at 10 a.m.
The following road closures and parking restrictions will begin at 8 a.m.:
- East 66th Street—Lexington Avenue to Chester Avenue
- Chester Avenue (westbound)— East 66th Street to East 21st Street
- East 21st Street—Chester Avenue to Prospect Avenue
- Prospect Avenue—East 21st Street to Bolivar Road
- Bolivar Road— Prospect Avenue to East 9th Street
- Linwood Avenue—East 66th Street to East 70th Street
The baseball used in the relay will be the ball used for the ceremonial first pitch in the Cleveland Indians vs. New York Yankees game on June 8.
League Park will be the location for the kick-off event where organizers will have music, roaming entertainment, baseball-themed games, vendors, food trucks and health resources. Slider and other mascots could make an appearance along the route.
Bases will be set up along the pitch route, where gathering places with refreshments, restrooms and staff.