It may be the most wonderful time of year for Northeast Ohio foodies: two restaurant weeks offering delicious deals will happen practically back-to-back.
Downtown Cleveland Restaurant Week wrapped up in late February. Organized by the Downtown Cleveland Alliance, the week featured dining spots offering deals in a range of special fixed prices.
Now Cleveland Restaurant Week is upon us. Organized by Cleveland Independents, the March 3 to 16 event casts the net beyond the downtown area.
5 things to know:
1. Special deals: Get a three-course, $33 prix fixe meal at most participating eateries (prices may vary according to restaurant’s check average)
2. All the eateries! There are about 50 restaurants participating--from Avon Lake to Mentor and south to Akron.
3. Menus: Everything you need to know, from menus to real-time reservations, phone numbers to websites can be found at Clevelandrestaurantweek.com.
4. Who are the Cleveland Independents anyway? A consortium of locally owned and operated eateries. According to organizers, it all began when independent eateries saw the increasing number of chains entering the market; they "decided it was time to step up to the plate."
5. Lunch or dinner? Organizers say the majority of participating eateries are only offering the special deal for dinner. Still, if you have a place in mind, check to see if lunch is an option.
Still hungry? Check out our 2017 Fish Fry Guide!