Six people were arrested in Columbus after 75 pounds of cocaine worth $3.4 million were seized, according to Attorney General Mike DeWine.
The arrests were made after the Central Ohio Organized Crime Investigations Commission/High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Task Force said it found evidence showing the drugs were being transported from Mexico to Columbus on a semi.
Investigators intercepted the semi in Columbus and served a warrant at a warehouse where they found massive amounts of cocaine. Members of the task force also seized more than $500,000 in cash, two stolen guns and multiple vehicles, including the semi used to transport the drugs, according to the attorney general.
The following people were arrested on drug charges:
- Davion Craig, 22, Charlotte
- Antwonne Hunter, 49, Columbus
- Toinairis Hunter, 27, Columbus
- Josue Montelongo-Rangel, 34, Mission, Texas
- Juan Vela Jr., 40, Donna, Texas
- Luis Villareal, 28, McAllen, Texas
All suspects are currently in custody at the Franklin County Jail.