CUYAHOGA FALLS, Ohio — After receiving strict guidelines from Summit County Public Health, a golf course in Cuyahoga Falls is reopening after temporarily shutting down due to COVID-19 concerns.
Brookledge Golf Club on Bailey Road announced on March 16 it would be closed until further notice due to the coronavirus.
Just under a month later, the golf course will reopen, on Monday, April 13.
In order to operate again, Brookledge Golf Club course said it will be monitoring golfers to ensure everyone is following the public health orders, and anyone who is not will be asked to leave the course.
The golf course listed these new rules of the course:
- Limited hours of operation, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., 7 days a week (all carts must be returned to the clubhouse by 6pm)
- Tee times from 10 a.m.-11 a.m. Monday through Thursday are reserved exclusively for patrons over the age of 60
- Patrons of all ages can play during business hours after 11 a.m.
- Tee times will be every 16 minutes rather than every 8 minutes
- Patrons are very strongly encouraged to pay ahead of time over the phone with a credit card
- The golf shop will be closed other than for bathroom access (must maintain social distancing if coming in the clubhouse to use restrooms)
- No concession sales
- In case of any weather delay (frost, rain, etc) golfers must wait in their vehicles
- Golfers should not arrive at the course more than 10 minutes prior to scheduled tee time -- if so they are asked to wait in their vehicle
- No loitering before and/or after round
- No more than one person per cart; walking is allowed and encouraged
- Each person using a cart must pay for cart rental
- Each cart will be wiped down with sanitizer by staff upon returning to the clubhouse
- All practice facilities will remain closed (putting green, chipping green, driving range)
- Flag stick will be left in
- 6-foot social distancing rules among players will apply throughout the entire round of play
- There will be no rakes in the bunkers
- Restrooms on the course will not be open for use
- All regular course rules remain in effect
To learn more about Brookledge Golf Club and its new rules, click here.