CANTON, Ohio — Canton City Public Health has issued an overdose alert after four suspected overdose deaths in five days.
According to the health department, there has also been an increase in overdose emergency room visits.
It is unknown which drugs have caused the recent increase.
The health department has issued the following tips for anyone who has been using drugs:
• Reach out to someone for help; there are people that care about you.
• Never use alone.
• Have naloxone available.
• Know your supply and/or test your product for fentanyl.
• Know symptoms of an overdose.
• Call 911 when an overdose occurs,
• Stay with the patient until help arrives
• Call the Opiate Hotline (330.454.4357) for info on detox and treatment.