The American Cancer Society has expanded its Hotel Partners program, making it easier for cancer patients seeking treatment in the Cleveland area to find free or reduced rates.
Eleven hotels have been added so far this year. ACS said this is an important addition, because lodging and transportation barriers are two of the biggest reasons patients don't seek the treatment they need.
ACS's Hope Lodge on Mayfield Road in Cleveland is a free home away from home for cancer patients and caregivers. However, it is one of the busiest in the country and often has a few-day waitlist, ACS said. The hotels in the Hotel Partners program help bridge the gap until patients can stay at Hope Lodge.
As of July 1, ACS said hotel partners in Cleveland have provided 12 patients with 31 nights at no cost to the patient this year. That's 31 nights that could not be provided last year. In addition, the Cleveland Extended Stay America locations have provided 55 patients with 262 nights for free or at a reduced cost.
The following hotels and Extended Stay America locations have partnered with ACS in Northeast Ohio:
- Clarion Hotel - Beachwood
- Courtyard Cleveland Airport South
- Hampton Inn & Suites - Middleburg Heights
- Holiday Inn Express - Cleveland Airport Brook Park
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Westlake
- Home2Suites by Hilton - Beachwood
- Hotel Indigo - Beachwood
- Towne Place Suites by Marriott - Cleveland Airport
- Hyatt Place - Cleveland/Independence
- Hyatt Place - Cleveland/Lyndhurst/Legacy Village
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Beachwood
- Extended Stay America - Brooklyn
- Extended Stay America - Middleburg Heights
- Extended Stay America - Airport North Olmsted
- Extended Stay America - Great Northern Mall
- Extended Stay America - Beachwood Orange Place
- Extended Stay America - Beachwood Orange Place North
- Extended Stay America - Westlake