NewsLocal NewsCleveland Metro

Actions

2 sent to hospital for possible CO poisoning after pizza place used generators inside, officials say

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-WEWS.png
Posted at 6:45 AM, Feb 15, 2019
and last updated 2019-02-15 06:45:32-05

CLEVELAND — Two people were transported in serious condition to University Hospital from a pizza place on Superior Avenue for possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

Superior Pizza, located at 10502 Superior Ave. in Cleveland, was running portable gas-powered generators inside the store for electricity, according to a Cleveland fire official.

Cleveland fire ventilated the building to remove the carbon monoxide, the official said.

A Cleveland EMS official said a 52-year-old man and a 19-year-old woman were transported to UH.