CLEVELAND — Four people were transported in serious condition due to carbon monoxide poisoning at a home on Cleveland's West Side.
The Cleveland Fire Department responded at around 7:45 a.m. for people unresponsive.
Cleveland EMS confirmed four people were transported in serious condition to a nearby hospital.
Cleveland fire confirmed the carbon monoxide poisoning was due to a faulty furnace, which was shut off.
Dominion Energy confirmed crews arrived at the home at 8:18 a.m. to find carbon monoxide levels of 500 parts per million on the first and second floors and levels of 122 parts per million in the basement.
News 5 is working on gathering more details on this developing story. We will update this story as soon as more information becomes available.
Download the News 5 Cleveland app now for more stories from us, plus alerts on major news, the latest weather forecast, traffic information and much more. Download now on your Apple device here, and your Android device here.