All 32 NFL teams have requested information about the top NFL Draft prospect accused of raping a woman at a Cleveland hotel earlier this month.
Gareon Conley's agent Adam Heller told News 5 Thursday that every team's security department has requested information from Cleveland police regarding the case.
The former cornerback at Ohio State and expected first-round pick is accused of raping a woman at the Westin Hotel on St. Clair Avenue on April 9.
In a statement released Wednesday, Conley called the allegations against him 'completely false.'
Police gathered information from Conley’s accuser — a 23-year-old woman — at the hotel early that morning. After talking to officers, she was transported to MetroHealth Medical Center, where a rape kit was administered.
Cleveland police have not filed charges against Conley in connection to the case.
Conley is scheduled to meet with Cleveland police on Monday, a police spokesperson tells News 5. He's expected to make a statement and submit to a DNA test.
Police say the results of the rape kit that was taken at the hospital are not yet back.
Rape law expert and Cleveland-Marshall College of Law professor Patricia Falk said that in most cases with a named suspect, investigators try to interview that person as soon as possible.
She said failing to gather the suspect’s statement in a timely manner could hurt the ability to bring criminal charges, if necessary.
“It depreciates the seriousness of an offense if a prompt investigation isn’t going to follow,” she said.