NewsLocal NewsCleveland Metro

Actions

Cat, dogs die in house fire on Dolloff Road

Two dogs survive
Posted: 10:08 AM, Jan 13, 2019
Updated: 2019-01-13 14:05:07-05
Fire Truck - Generic

CLEVELAND — Fire crews in Cleveland battled flames Sunday morning on Dolloff Road.

The home had $30,000 in damages due to the fire.

The fire chief said the fire was likely caused by unattended candles in the kitchen and was unintentional. There were pets in the house who may have knocked over the candles.

EMS crews attempted to resuscitate the residents cat but were unsuccessful.

Two of the residents dog died and the other two survived, according to the property owners.

No one was injured.

Red Cross is assisting the two adult residents.