News

Actions

Boy, 13, smells smoke, saves CLE home

Posted at 3:47 PM, Dec 24, 2015
and last updated 2015-12-25 06:53:44-05

A Cleveland family who lost their home to a fire in 2009 experienced another house fire Thursday.

But this time, a 13-year-old boy may have saved his family.

The fire broke out just after noon on Dec. 24 on E. 83rd Street. A 13-year-old, Ronald Foxworth, smelled smoke in one of the children's bedrooms and called 911. He believed that a fan ignited the flames.

His family and neighbors worked to put out the flames before fire crews arrived. 

The family lost a home to a fire in 2009.

No injuries were reported in today's fire and the fire is not believed to have destroyed the home.

Download the FREE newsnet5 app: Apple | Android