NewsLocal NewsCleveland Metro


Cleveland house fire likely to have been caused by kerosene heater

Fire Truck - Generic
Posted at 1:54 PM, Jan 26, 2019
and last updated 2019-01-26 13:54:19-05

CLEVELAND — A Cleveland house fire Saturday morning is believed to have been accidentally started by tenants using a kerosene heater.

The fire happened in the 9700 block of Denison Avenue around 9 a.m.

According to Cleveland fire officials, the two-story wood frame home didn't have power and residents were using a kerosene heater and some type of torch to keep warm.

No injuries were reported.

The Red Cross was called in to assist six tenants who have been displaced by the fire, authorities said.