CLEVELAND — The Salvation Army has announced two additional days for families in need to apply for Christmas assistance.
Families with children ages 12 and younger who are in need of assistance this Christmas can register at a Cleveland Salvation Army location. Once registered, families will be given a time when they can receive toys and a Dave’s Supermarket gift card.
The additional dates are Nov. 12 and Nov. 13 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Registration can be done at five different locations in Cleveland:
· The Salvation Army East Cleveland Corps: 1507 Doan Ave. East Cleveland | Phone: 216-249-4334
· The Salvation Army Miles Park Corps: 4139 E. 93rd Street, Cleveland | Phone: 216-341-1640
· The Salvation Army Ohio City Corps: 4402 Clark Ave., Cleveland | Phone: 216-631-1515
· The Salvation Army Temple Corps: 17625 Grovewood Ave., Cleveland | Phone: 216-692-1388
· The Salvation Army West Park Corps: 12645 Lorain Ave., Cleveland | Phone: 216-252-3593
If you’re planning on registering for assistance, make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID, a birth certificate or current medical benefits card for every child 12 years old or younger in the household, and proof of household, which can include county benefits, school records and HEAP applications.
Christmas items will be distributed and available to pick up at assigned locations on Wednesday, Dec. 19.
To make a donation to assist The Salvation Army of Greater Cleveland in serving families this holiday season, or for more information, call 216-861-8185 or click here.