CLEVELAND — Four people, including a child, died from flu-related illnesses between March 1 and March 7 in Cuyahoga County, according to numbers released by the Cuyahoga County Board of Health.
Health officials said that the child was an 11-year-old girl. The others are a 62-year-old man from Mayfield Heights, a 70-year-old man from Fairview Park and a 91-year-old man from Cleveland.
You can read up to date flu statistics from Cuyahoga County, here.
How to stop the flu from spreading
Here are some tips from the Ohio Department of Health that you can use to stop the spread of the flu:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth after touching objects – this is how germs are spread.
- Practice good habits like disinfecting surfaces, getting plenty of sleep, and managing stress.
To read more from the Centers for Disease Control about influenza A virus and novel influenza virus, click here.