An elderly woman is in critical condition after possibly inhaling fumes from a fire in Cleveland early Saturday morning, police said.
According to authorities, the fire - possibly caused by a heating pad - started at around 8:40 a.m on the 16700 block of Melgrave Avenue.
The 76-year-old woman's daughter also suffered injuries from the incident and was taken to Fairview Hospital.
According to police, the incident appears to be accidental at this time.
EDITOR'S NOTE: Police initially told newsnet5 the 76-year-old woman had died. Police now say the woman is in critical condition. The story has been updated to reflect these changes.