A 28-count federal indictment charged five men with crimes related to a series of carjackings in Tremont, according to the United States Department of Justice.
The five men indicted were:
- Kenneth Jackson, Jr., 19, of Cleveland
- Tervon'tae Taylor, 22, of Cleveland Heights
- D'wan Dillard, Jr., 19, of Cleveland
- Antowine Palmer, 23, of Cleveland
- Calvin Rembert, 22, of Cleveland
The DOJ reported charges for the men included carjacking and multiple counts of brandishing a firearm during a crime of violence. Palmer is also charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm.
The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Kelly Galvin and Kevin Filiatraut following an investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Cleveland Division of Police.
MORE RELATED STORIES