Hit-skip suspect who allegedly struck 13-year-old indicted on several charges

The man accused of a hit-skip in February that left a 13-year-old boy fighting for his life has been indicted on several charges.

On Feb. 22, the boy was hit by a car that had been fleeing from police on Cleveland's east side near the Cleveland and East Cleveland border, authorities said.

RELATED: 13-year-old hit by car fleeing from police on Cleveland's east side

According to police, the incident began as a chase involving a stolen gray Chevrolet Cavalier. The suspected driver, Hassan Forrest, didn't stop, even after he allegedly hit the boy. The chase reached speeds of 45 mph in a 25 mph zone, police said. The car was found abandoned in Cleveland and had been set on fire after it was ditched.

Forrest pleaded not guilty to aggravated vehicular assault, failure to comply, failure to stop after an accident, arson, and receiving stolen property. According to the indictment, Forrest was also driving under a suspended license.

The 13-year-old was rushed to Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital in critical condition. Since then the boy has slowly recovered.

 

Print this article Back to Top