PARMA, Ohio — A man was transported to the hospital after a hazmat situation in Parma.
Parma fire officials said they responded to a structure fire in the 1600 block of Lorimer Avenue Wednesday afternoon.
When crews arrived, they found hazardous chemicals in a reactive state that required the hazmat team to be called in.
Officials said the resident was working with chemicals inside the home when they reacted and he got burned.
The man was transported to MetroHealth Medical Center, according to authorities. His condition is unknown.
The incident is under investigation.