The Greater Cleveland Food Bank is partnering with Feeding America and food banks in Texas to help Harvey relief efforts.
From 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, the food bank will be collecting food and supplies to be shipped to Houston.
The following items are needed:
- Canned ready-to-eat items with pull tops
- Protein in pouches or pull-top cans: tuna, beef stew, chili, canned chicken
- Peanut butter
- Snacks: granola bars, breakfast bars, etc.
- Paper goods
- Cleaning supplies: mops, mop buckets, brooms, bleach wipes, bleach, garbage bags, bug spray
- Essential personal hygiene items
The food bank requests no makeup, clothes and other non-essential items.
The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is also collecting donations on September 6 from 8 am to 4 pm. For more information, call 330-777-1055.