The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring in Cuyahoga County for the 2020 Census.
These temporary Census jobs offer excellent pay, flexible hours and paid training, according to a Facebook post from the county.
Temporary positions include census takers, recruiting assistants, office staff and supervisory staff, according to 2020 Census officials.
To be eligible for a 2020 Census job, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have a valid email address
- Complete an application and answer assessment questions
- Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying exemption
- Pass a criminal background check
- Commit to completing training
- Be available to work flexible hours, including days, evenings and/or weekends
Most census jobs require access to a vehicle and valid driver’s license unless public transportation is readily available, Census officials state. Employees must also have access to a computer with internet and an email account to complete training.
The Census Bureau states it is launching a smaller-scale recruiting effort in the fall of 2018 to fill recruiting assistant, office operations supervisor and clerk positions for offices that will open beginning in January 2019. At that time, recruiting will begin for census taker positions. By the summer of 2019, the majority of the job offers for the Address Canvassing operation will be made, with several thousand positions available throughout the country.