GEAUGA COUNTY, Ohio — The Geauga County Sheriff's Office is welcoming donations to help the victims of Hurricane Dorian.
The sheriff's office is accepting gas cards, batteries and flashlights, along with the following items:
- easy to open foods: snacks, canned or plastic jars, baby food - pouches or premixed
microwaveable goods, ready to eat
- dry mix drinks: coffee, pre-sweetened drinks, baby formula
Storage and disposal items:
- plastic bins, baggies, garbage bags, laundry baskets, Lysol wipes, cleaning supplies, disposable gloves, rags, pet food and snacks.
- wipes, personal size items, diapers, first aid items, face masks, Tylenol, Ibuprofen, toilet paper and paper towels
- rubber/plastic type shoes: crocs, flip flops and boots
Sleep and shelter items:
- blow-up mattresses, tents, sleeping bags, baby/children small toys, books, crayons
Hurricane Dorian brought destruction to the Bahamas and flooding to the Carolinas.
These items can be dropped off beginning Monday, Sept. 9 through Sept. 14 at the Geauga County Sheriff's Office, 12450 Merritt Road in Chardon.
Hours these items can be dropped off at: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.