PAINESVILLE, Ohio — A dog has died after a fire broke out Tuesday afternoon at a Painesville home.
The fire happened around 1 p.m. in the 300 block of Lexington Avenue.
When firefighters arrived, they found smoke and flames at the back of the home.
No one was home at the time of the fire.
Firefighters said they believe the fire started in the kitchen.
It was was under control around 1:15 p.m.
Unfortunately, the family's dog, Nino, died in the fire.
Firefighters said there was $50,000 worth of damage to the home.
No one else was injured in the fire.