AVON LAKE, Ohio — An eagle egg was spotted in Avon Lake at Redwood Elementary School on Thursday.
Observers spotted the egg in the nest at about 4:02 p.m.
Last year, two eggs hatched from the pair of eagles that were affectionately named "Stars" and "Stripes" by a group of Avon Lake students. They have returned to their nest each year at Redwood Elementary School to raise a new brood.
Check out a live look at the nest through a live eagle cam here.
Here are the five best places to see bald eagles in Ohio:
- Magee Marsh Wildlife Area, Ottawa County
- Killbuck Marsh Wildlife Area, Wayne County
- Mosquito Creek Wildlife Area, Trumbull County
- Pickerel Creek Wildlife Area, Sandusky County
- Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge, Ottawa County